Slingshot Raptor V1
If Go Big or Go Home is your motto, this is the kite to get you there. NEW to the Slingshot lineup for 2020, the RAPTOR is a hard-charging, high-flying, big air freestyle/freeride crossover designed for riders who want bigtime boostability and high-performance versatility. Designed by Slingshot’s own mad scientist, Tony Logosz, the RAPTOR features a five-strut, hybrid Open-C canopy and familiar Slingshot DNA that give it pro-level top end performance without sacrificing the safety or user friendly feel that appeals to broad range of riders.
- NEW kite for 2020 - Dedicated high-performance freestyle/freeride crossover
- NEW 4x4 Canopy Tech - The strongest and stiffest material on the market
- NEW Segmented swept wingtips
- Tuned for big boosts, lofty airs and aggressive performance
- Hybrid Open-C profile gives it all-conditions versatility and tons of wind range
- Canopy supported by five struts for maximum rigidity when boosting & looping
- Will make you at least 22% more radical than your friends
- NEW Kite bag
- Bladder patch kit
- Replacement IRS bungee
- NEW: 4x4 Canopy Tech
- New for 2020, we've upgraded our canopy construction with Teijin 4x4 reinforced ripstop material. This is the strongest, stiffest and most durable canopy material on the market. Your kite will last longer, have a higher resale value and feel more solid and stable in the air, especially in gusty wind.
- NEW: Hybrid Open-C Canopy
- Five struts give the canopy the superior stability and rigidity needed for aggressive riding, big-air boosting and extreme wind conditions.
- NEW: Segmented Swept Wingtips
- New for 2020, our designers engineered a new wingtip design using variable diameter segments. These segments combine to create a uniform and structured design with a cleaner more efficient swept wingtip shape. This design aids in the kite's structural stability, response time, as well as water relaunch.
- Pullyless Bridle
- No Pulleys No Problem. The Raptor is engineered around a direct connect pulley-less bridle. This gives the Raptor unmatched bar feel and input while still providing maximum wind range, turning speed, ease of relaunch and unrivaled upwind performance.
- Multiple Attachment Points
- Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine tune handling, power and performance based on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session. Even small changes to these settings can make a big impact on the kite's overall performance, making this an important tool for getting the most out of your kite every time you ride.
- Surf-Tough Construction
- Reinforced seams and a strategic surf-grid canopy that isolates tears and reduces the chance of catastrophic blowouts in the event your kite goes through the wringer in the surf.
- Split Strut
- A Slingshot innovation that has been borrowed industry wide, Split Strut integrates the kite canopy and struts into one firmly interconnected piece rather than the canopy being sewn over the strut like lesser designs. Split Strut creates a stronger, more stable and more durable canopy, enhances power under heavy load and creates efficiency and rigidity in the overall frame.
- One Pump Speed System
- A patented Slingshot innovation now used industry-wide, One Pump lets you inflate and deflate your kite through a central valve. If you ever had an older kite with separate strut valves, you'll know how much of a hassle it was.
- Bomber Slingshot Construction
- We take pride in our reputation for building the most durable kites on the market. Just few details that go into all our kites include: Kevlar scuff patches, reinforced Dacron trailing edge material, reinforced leading edge seams, diamond leech rear panel layout, canopy Mark Cloth attachment, 4x4 Canopy Tech, surf tough seams and panel layout.